fabricologist

fabricologist

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Beatrix is Complete

On Sunday, I was able to finish my Beatrix top. I don't know why I sometimes dread finishing on garments. All that was left was to hem the sleeves and make button holes and attach the buttons. I think it is the fear of button holes that got me. As it turned out, they worked out quite well.
 This is the front of the blouse. I used Anna Maria Horner's Loominous for this top after seeing Rae's version of a Boho dress in the same fabric. This is some of the most interesting fabric I have ever used and I love the way it turned out. I used the pattern piece for short sleeves, but cut them a bit longer which is how I prefer them.
 Here is the back of the blouse with its six buttons. I really love the look of this back. I think that was what attracted me to the pattern in the first place.
I have plans to make at least two more of these. They are not difficult and the instructions are wonderfully written and illustrated. I have already bought the fabric! I am truly enjoying sewing again!
On last shot, an out take due to the shadows of the late afternoon. This is proof that the camera sees things the eye does not. I kind of like it though. See you soon with more sewing adventures.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Lovely top - well done!!