fabricologist

fabricologist

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Geese!

I have finally tackled the flying geese in a quilt just for them and no other blocks. I have always wanted to. It is small, but I L-O-V-E it. It is another for my middle daughter. Here it is:
 The other thing I have always wanted to do is matchstick quilting, but I knew it would need to be a small quilt or I would never do it. This is the perfect size.
 The other thing that inspired me with the quilting on this is a picture on someone's blog of matchstick quilting that used more than one color.
 So I tried it and I am very pleased with the look. Here you can see it on the back.
 I used some yellow, some white and some blue threads. All threads were Aurifil 40 and 50 weight.
 And I used the last scraps for the binding. Great way to use most all of it up.

Have a great Sunday and I will see you soon with more sewn goodness.

1 comment:

Carol Swift said...

I love the geese, I love the quilting...beautiful!